In 2019, businesses should be laser-focused on technology, working to stay ahead of their competitors. The way that consumers are doing business continues to evolve, with fewer individuals patronizing traditional brick and mortar locations, and more doing business from their mobile devices. The time to invest in mobile apps is now.Mobile applications are easier to use than traditional websites, accessible from anywhere. A full 86% of mobile users spend time using apps, seeking out apps that focus on usability and convenience.Why Invest in Mobile Apps?Understanding how customer behavior is evolving, businesses need to adapt to changing consumer needs, making themselves available when and where their customers are. Mobile apps are one of the most effective ways to achieve this. According to Statista, in 2017, consumers downloaded 178 billion apps. It is estimated that by 2020, the amount of apps downloaded will double, reaching approximately 284 billion downloads. This only proves that the demand for mobile apps is on the rise.Mobile apps are effective tools that can help businesses:
- Increase customer engagement–apps make browsing extremely convenient for users, who can access your app from anywhere. Businesses can create a more personalized experience for users, showing offers in your area, or providing coupons or discounts for regular customers.
- Build brand awareness–apps offer an environment where customers have regular interaction with your brand. The more interaction they have with a brand, the more likely they are to make a purchase.
- Encourage brand loyalty–creating a meaningful connection with users is so important for creating brand loyalty. Mobile apps can reward loyal customers in a variety of ways, such as tracking the number of visits and offering a free product after, say, their10th visit. The app can also give them a more personalized user experience, remembering preferences or tracking order history.
- Track analytics–a mobile app makes capturing customer data seamless. You can obtain real-time data about your users, including their activity within the app and their individual preferences. This creates the opportunity to offer personalized offers and information. It also provides vital data on how the app is being used and what improvements might be necessary.
- Provide customer service and support–customer experience is a main influencer on purchases. For example, if a customer has a good experience, they will tell an average of 3 people, whereas, if they have a negative experience, they’re likely to tell between 9 and 20 people. A good mobile app should seek to deliver an exceptional user experience, allowing users to provide immediate feedback or interact with customer service more quickly and efficiently. Having a click to call feature or an available chatbot will change the way users communicate with you.
Apps are a particularly effective way to attract new customers, as well as retain your most loyal ones. No matter your goal–improving customer service, building brand awareness or increasing customer loyalty, investing in a mobile app will make these things possible. A mobile app allows for a natural way for users to interact with your brand at any time, from any location. Creating a mobile app is a cost-effective way to stay competitive and bring your business into the 21st century. Contact the development team here at Appek to discuss your goals for your mobile app. Our experienced team will help create a mobile app that exceeds your (and yours users’) expectations.